Employer: Werfen Ltd (Instrumentation Laboratory)
Salary: Highly competitive salary and benefits package
Expires: 06 Apr 2018
Werfen Ltd offers an excellent career opportunity for a Biomedical Scientist to join a leading worldwide developer, manufacturer and distributor of in-vitro diagnostics solutions. Our extensive range of products covers Acute care, Haemostasis, Immunology, Serology, Molecular biology and IT.
Our office based Service Support is expanding due to our continued growth and ongoing development. Based in our new Warrington Headquarters, this role will be to provide proactive instrument monitoring and technical support across our portfolio of diagnostic instruments and IT system products, present in NHS and private facilities throughout the UK.
Working as an integral part of the service team you will provide first line assistance to our customers, working cooperatively with all Werfen technical personnel to help identify and proactively resolve developing instrument / system problems, as well as assisting in service planning, helping to ensure total customer satisfaction.
• Provide direct support to instrument end users via telephone and remote desktop.
• Monitor ‘connected’ instrumentation for developing faults and liaise with our field engineering team to resolve developing issues proactively.
• Be an important interface between customers and our engineering team, helping to coordinate resolution for support cases ranging from simple to highly complex.
• Provide customers and our partner companies with performance reports for Werfen services.
• Contribute to the delivery and development of a ‘Quality’ service in line with our ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 27001 standards.
• Assist with customer and employee education.
• A Laboratory Scientist, Technician or experienced Technical Support operative and have a background in a Biological Science or Medical Technology, ideally with a relevant degree level qualification.
• Someone with several years’ work experience in a medical laboratory or technical environment.
• Familiar with In-Vitro diagnostics and one or more of our product lines.
• Enthusiastic about problem solving and able to think and act quickly under pressure.
• Someone who enjoys talking to and helping others, with exemplary verbal and written English language skills.
• Naturally positive and helpful, with great organisational skills.
• Proud of your work, with keen attention to detail.
• An effective communicator, with a strong customer focus, team orientation and self-initiative.
• Proficient with or able to learn IT hardware and systems, preferably with a basic understanding of network connections.
• Resident within a manageable daily commuting distance from Warrington, Cheshire.
• Provide internal training on all instruments and systems required
• Empower you to develop yourself professionally
• Provide a friendly, team oriented workplace
• Offer you a highly competitive salary and benefits package
This is an office based role working Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm, though some flexibility and a small amount of UK travel is required, so a full driving license is prerequisite.
For more information or to apply, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Application is via submission of a CV with covering letter.
Werfen Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.